Privacy & Security
This page is designed to provide you with information about how we use the personal data and information that you provide to us during your use the mobile app and any communication (for example telephone) made between us relating to such use.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
AO World PLC is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ”Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: AO World PLC
- Name: Gillian Spencer – Data Protection Officer
- Email address: DataProtection@ao.com
- Postal address: 5a, The Parklands, Lostock, Bolton, BL6 4SD
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
This version was last updated on [08.04.2020]. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notify you. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Data We Collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Email Address
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- We do not receive information about you from third parties.
- We do not receive information about you from your device such as location data or device information such as your IP Address.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your data to provide you with services to provide for AO World Plc, you will enter your availability on to the app and we will allocate you services to provide based on your availability. The law allows us to process this information as it is required for both parties to perform their contact.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We share your information in very limited circumstances set out below:
- where we’re obliged to do so (for example a legal request);
- when we need to work with a third party or core service provider, for example a delivery service, insight companies or IT service providers. Each provider is carefully selected, and we’d only pass on the information required for them to perform that service on our behalf; they cannot use your data for any other purpose e.g. their own marketing purposes;
- with our group companies who may provide us with services;
- with our insurance brokers or insurers for claims (or potential claims) purposes;
We’ll never sell your information. We’ll always comply with all relevant data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
Ao.com may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. This will only be as a result of our service providers being based outside of this area e.g. cloud hosting service providers such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. We will always ensure that such providers are in a country that has been assessed to provide adequate protection to personal data by the European Commission, or if the service provider signs a contract with us which contains the relevant protections for you; for example, if a company is based in the United States of America and has signed up to the Privacy Shield we may also send personal data to them for the limited purposes referred to above.
Your privacy is important to us.
We’re constantly monitoring and testing our IT systems and using the latest technology to identify potential vulnerabilities and attacks to provide a safe and secure environment.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it remains necessary in line with the reason that we collected it from you and to meet any legal requirements (such as resolving a dispute). The time that the personal data is kept for is called the retention period. We retain your personal data you have entered to the app for six years after you have finished working with us.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have a set of legal rights in relation to your personal data. These rights are to ensure that you are in control of how your personal data is used by organisations. We have provided a summary of your rights below:
- You have the right to know what personal data we store that relates to you (also known as a subject access request);
- If any personal data is not correct (for example it is old information), you have the right for it to be corrected;
- You have the right to tell us you no longer consent to any processing, which was based on you giving consent;
- You have the right to ask us to no longer process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. We will stop processing your personal data unless there is a legitimate reason that does not prejudice you.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data where the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. The right to erasure is not an absolute right.
- You have the right to ask for an individual to review any decision made using an automated process.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com
DESCRIPTION OF CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Identity Data: [first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender].
- Contact Data: [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Device Data: includes [the type of mobile device you use,] [a unique device identifier [(for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device)],] [mobile network information,] [your mobile operating system,] [the type of mobile browser you use,] [time zone setting,] [OTHER INFORMATION].
- Profile Data: includes your username and password,
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of our App
- Location Data: includes your current location disclosed by yourself.